Being a patient attending a busy GP surgery can be an anxious and worrying time for you. We aim to make your time here as short and as simple as possible.
The following should help to explain what you, as a patient can expect from our staff and what we, the staff, can expect from you.
Your Doctor's Responsibilities:
- To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times
- To treat you as an individual, and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- To give you full information on the services we offer.
- To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- To provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- To refer you to a suitable consultant when necessary.
- To give you access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law..
Your Responsibilities as a Patient:
- Ensuring that any appointments you make are kept. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible, as we often have patients waiting for cancellations.
- Making one appointment per person.
- Arriving on time for your appointment. If you are 5 minutes or more late for your appointment you will need to re-book for another day. If your medical need cannot wait until the next working day you will be offered a call back from the duty clinician
- Attending for monitoring when the doctor has advised that it is necessary.
- Behaving with courtesy and consideration for others when you are in the practice.
- Having consideration for others and refraining from using your mobile phone on the premises.
- If you have specific information or communication support needs, please let us know in advance.